Notorious drug baron ‘Wele Suda’ arrested and brought to Sri Lanka
Notorious underworld kingpin and drug trafficker, Samantha Kumara alias Wele Suda has been arrested in Pakistan and brought to Sri Lanka, Police said a short while ago. Police on July 1, 2014 arrested the wife and mother-in-law of Wele Suda.
The duo were arrested by the Police Anti-Narcotics Bureau in connection after the detection of 85 kilos of heroin worth Rs.680 million by the STF on June 12, 2014.
Wele Sudha fled the country, after the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) launched open inquiries into his activities in 2010. Wele Sudha’s wife was taken into custody at the Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA) and later released on bail in 2012. His assets including two luxury apartments, two houses in Bagatalle Road, two houses in Pannipitiya and Madiwela, 16 perches land in Dehiwala and 14 perches in Nedimale had been confiscated by the Colombo High Court.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Permission not given to Chinese ship to dock, India’s concerns important: Sabry September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka squad named for ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 September 26, 2023
- S&P raises Sri Lanka local currency ratings to ‘CCC+/C’, says outlook stable September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka President expresses dissatisfaction with country’s current education system September 26, 2023
- Chinese model breaks U.S. hegemony: former Sri Lankan diplomat September 26, 2023