Heavy showers in South-western parts – Met. Department
The Met. Departmnet says that due to the atmospheric disturbance in the vicinity, showery weather will continue further over the South-western parts of the country.
Showers or thundershowers will occur at times in the Central, Sabaragamuwa, Western, North-Western and Southern provinces.
Thundershowers will develop at several places elsewhere particularly during the afternoon or night. Heavy rain falls (more than 100mm) are also likely at some places.
It says that there may be temporary localized strong winds during thundershowers too. General public is kindly requested to take adequate precautions to minimize the damages caused by lightning activities.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023