On-arrival visa for four African countries suspended
Posted in Local News
The government has temporarily suspended the on-arrival visa facility for visitors, with respect to four African countries, as measures to protect the country against the spread of the Ebola virus.
A source from the External Affairs Ministry said that the on-arrival visa will be suspended until further notice for countries including Sierra Leone, Liberia, Nigeria and Guinea.
The decision was taken following a request made by the Ministry of Health, as a precautionary action.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023