On-arrival visa for four African countries suspended
The government has temporarily suspended the on-arrival visa facility for visitors, with respect to four African countries, as measures to protect the country against the spread of the Ebola virus.
A source from the External Affairs Ministry said that the on-arrival visa will be suspended until further notice for countries including Sierra Leone, Liberia, Nigeria and Guinea.
The decision was taken following a request made by the Ministry of Health, as a precautionary action.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023