Hemasiri Fernando granted bail
Former Defence Secretary Hemasiri Fernando, who was remanded over the Easter Sunday bomb attacks, has been granted conditional bail today (05).
He was released on a cash bail of Rs.250, 000 and two sureties of Rs.2.5 million.
Mr Fernando and Inspector General of Police Pujith Jayasundara, who is on compulsory leave, were remanded for failing to prevent the terror attacks on Easter Sunday.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023