Hemasiri Fernando granted bail
Posted in Local News
Former Defence Secretary Hemasiri Fernando, who was remanded over the Easter Sunday bomb attacks, has been granted conditional bail today (05).
He was released on a cash bail of Rs.250, 000 and two sureties of Rs.2.5 million.
Mr Fernando and Inspector General of Police Pujith Jayasundara, who is on compulsory leave, were remanded for failing to prevent the terror attacks on Easter Sunday.
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023