Hemasiri & Pujith further remanded
Posted in Local News
Former Secretary to the Ministry of Defence Hemasiri Fernando and Inspector General of Police Pujith Jayasundara, who were arrested and remanded over the Easter Sunday bombings, have been further remanded until the 3rd of February.
The Colombo Additional Magistrate delivered the order when the two defendants were produced before the court today (20).
IGP Pujith Jayasundara and Hemasiri Fernando are charged with failure to take measures to prevent the Easter Sunday attacks in April last year, or minimize the destruction caused, despite receiving prior intelligence information.
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023