Hirunika and 8 others granted bail over abduction case
Posted in Local News
Nine defendants including MP Hirunika Premachandra, who have been charged over the abduction and threatening of an individual, were granted bail by the Colombo High Court.
Each defendant was ordered released on a cash bail of Rs 50,000 and two personal bails of Rs 500,000 each by Colombo High Court Judge Padmini N. Ranawaka.
The defendants were also barred from leaving the country.
Meanwhile the brother of MP Wimal Weerawansa, Sarath Weerawansa, who has been charged over the misuse of state vehicles, was further remanded till October 05 by the Colombo Fort Magistrate’s Court.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023