Hirunika in hot water again
Owners of a plot of land in Kolonnawa, on which a United National Party (UNP) office has been established, have filed a case in the Colombo District Court seeking an eviction order against MP Hirunika Premachandra and her mother who maintain that office.
Ruwan Wijesekera and D. Rohan Wickrama have jointly filed a case stating that they are the co-owners of the land on which the UNP office has been opened. Hirunika Premachandra, and her mother Sumana, have been cited as defendants. They alleged that Hirunika Premachandra is maintaining the office by force.
Ruwan Wijesekera and D. Rohan Wickrama have urged Court to evict the two defendants and allow them free use of their land. Colombo Additional District Court Judge Enoka Ranasinghe set hearing in this case for 29 March.
(Source: Ceylon Today – By Ishara Ratnakara)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023
- Sanath Nishantha to pay electric bills of SLPP low-income families October 4, 2023
- Chairman of CEYPETCO and CPSTL Uvais Mohamed resigns October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023