Hokandara plane crash survivor succumbs to his injuries
Air Force crew member who was being treated at the Colombo National Hospital following the Antonov AN 32 plane crash in Hokandara, Athurugiriya succumbed to his injuries on Thursday night.
Air Force spokesperson, Wing Commander Gihan Seneviratne said the deceased Air Force officer passed away at around 7.30 p.m. on Thursday.
Four other Air Force members were killed when the Antonov AN 32 aircraft of the Sri Lanka Air Force crash-landed in Hokandara, Athurugiriya last Friday.
Meanwhile, Speaking to News1st, Director of the Colombo National Hospital, Dr. Anil Jasinghe said the Air Force member who was admitted to the hospital was in a critical state due to burn injuries.
He added the crew member had passed away when he was being treated at the hospital’s Intensive Care Unit after a three-hour long surgery.
(Courtesy: News First)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023