I only referred to a ‘handful of monks’: Ranjan
State Minister Ranjan Ramanayake yesterday said there was no need for him to seek an apology from the Maha Sangha as he had not made any statement insulting the Maha Sangha and said he only spoke about a ‘handful of monks’.
“I have never made any statement insulting the Maha Sangha. What I told you was that there are only a handful of monks who shout for blood and that 90 per cent of these monks are abused by the chief monks. Therefore what I meant was that a handful of monks are being abused by the chief monks,” he said.
“I clearly said about a ‘handful of monks’, but my statement had been distorted and the ‘handful of monks’ part was committed. I will take legal action against those who publicized my statement distorting its content,” the state minister said.
(Source: Daily Mirror)
You are not a Buddhist. Please stick to priests in your own religion. Handful or few, pl. refrain from attacking Buddhist monks!
OK Mr. Rif, Let me answer your question. There are thousands of Buddhist monks in SL. Just because they are monks it doesn’t mean they are adhering to Buddha’s teaching. If a Buddhist monk behave badly as Buddhist we have all the right not to follow him and not visit his temple. That goes to ‘Dane’ alms giving etc. You took the pain to give me many Utube links. That is good, like manner I too can give Utube regarding atrocities done by ISIS, Catholics/other Cristian denominations. Generalizing all Buddhist monks in this manner is wrong. When I was young I was told by a Christian friend how they Catholic priests approach women after confession? I had a Christian Girl friend she even shown me love letters written by junior priest! Even a Muslim friend told me how he was seduced by a lebbe! This doesn’t mean all the priests and Immams are bad. You asked me are those Gauthama Budda’s teaching? Let me reciprocate: They guy who killed hundreds of people in a church (Easter-bomber) following Islam Religion? Thousands of Yashidi girls kept as sex slaves/ auctioned by ISIS in Iraq? Catholics killed millions of South Americans, brought millions of slaves from Africa? Those written in the Bible and inline with Christian doctrine? Come on if you need more U-Tube clips I can send too.
Rif’s exposure is shocking.
It is disgusting.
Shame to to note a blogger of calibre, Amarakoon, defending the Buddhist network.
First of all we have to identify the difference between a religious leader (whether he is a Monk, Priest, Father, Immam) and a terrorist (he/she may be linked to ISIS, AlQaeda, etc)
We cannot expect a terrorist or illicit behavior from a so called religious leader, whether he is a monk, priest or an imman, no one will agree or appreciate.
Second thing we have to understand is, there is no religion for a terrorist, Terrorist is a terrorist, he/she does not belong to any religion, because all the religions encourage people to lead a peaceful life.
Therefore, those church bombers are not Muslims, that’s why bodies of these terrorists were rejected to burry in Muslim’s graveyards.
I think Ranjan told the truth and he has the right and freedom of speech.
Response to Rif’s last comment.
Irrespective of the religious label any perpetrator has chosen for himself, once he has strayed from the path of his religious teachings he is not fulfilling the expectations of his chosen religion.
That said, his religious label does not change. It is his actions that have strayed from what is deemed acceptable to his religion.
This is true of the terrorists, rapists, paedophiles etc. These individuals can be found within ALL religious communities.
Dear Mr. Rif,
1. You say terrorists does nort have a religion. Who said these guys who cariiedout well coordinated attackes in 9 different places on the Easter day are terrorits? They belong to a group called IS who read Kuran and trying to get 62 virgins! You claim that people who read Kuran and adhere to it are not muslims!
2. TThen my dear friend you come to the conclusion that Ranjan is telling the TRUTH! Ranjan clearly said 90% of Maha Sangha (Buddhist monks are homo sexuals and/or abeen abused) Can Ranjan substantiate it? Has he done a research in this regard?
3. Then, think about the timing of his remarks about Buddhist monks. Yaha Paalanaya Government utterly unpopular and preoccupied with facilitating ACSC & SOFA. In my openion this fool Ranjan Alponso Ramanayaka (a baptozed Christian) has been asked to make this statement to make the majority foolish buddhists angry and to divert thier attention so that government can sign this infamous agreements.
4. Due to Easter Bombing and mascrering praying devoted Christians while praying and not punishing the culprits made tradition UNP voting Christians (their faithful voterbase) to hate UNP. Making a rift between Buddhists and Christainans and Ranil et al coming and taking the side of Christians will win them back! This is the master plan.
5. In this scinario Sinhala Buddhists will beiso lated. Gota, Naga, Dammika, Pallewatta Gamarala (Rohan) will contest and devide Sinhala Buddhists votes. Eventually UNP will come to power again.
6. Last but not least my friend Mr. Riff the way you defend the IS suiside bombers (who need virgins) suggest that you are a Muslim.