I will never run away
UNP MP Sajith Premadasa, declared that he will never slink or run away from issues that come up, and said until measures taken to reform the Party are implemented, he is not in a position to answer questions posed by the media.
Premadasa was addressing a media briefing he had convened on 10 November at the Bodhi Ranasinghe Foundation auditorium in Polhengoda, when he made the statement.
“The Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) is not limited to the government alone but concerns the Opposition as well. The treatment meted out to the Opposition by the government in this regard, however is most deplorable. The splendid opportunity that the Opposition had to exchange a range of views in the best interests of the country and the people was deprived by the government,” Premadasa stated.
He further said, the Minister of Mass Media had made many hostile and offensive remarks with regard to the Opposition in relation to CHOGM. “More civilized conduct or better words cannot be expected from this minister who untiringly stoops to the lowest levels – with no shame – to do the sordid biddings of the government. He has been hired to cough on its behalf and cannot be expected to make better statements,” Premadasa said.
(Courtesy: Ceylon Today)
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
Father almost destroyed the country now sajith turm to destroy the country.