I will not enter active politics – Gota
Former Defence Secretary Gotabhaya Rajapaksa said he would not enter active politics in the future.
When asked by a journalist whether he was planning to enter active politics, the former Defence Secretary said he had no plans to become a politician. Rajapaksa made that remark on the sidelines of a religious ceremony that took place at a temple in
Udumulla, Padukka. Some UPFA politicians including Udaya Gammanpila and Gamini Lokuge also attended the event.
“When I was the Defence Secretary, I ensured adequate security for the country. I am not aware of latest details with regard to national security as I don’t get intelligence reports. But I sincerely hope that the present government will take measures to continue with what did on the national security front,” he added.
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
That is an excellent decision by you. The ungrateful and the TRAITORS will never admire your contribution to the cause of Peace in our small island.
You have done your duty to the Nation. We salute you Sir..