IGP Pujith Jayasundara arrested by CID
Inspector-General of Police (IGP) Pujith Jayasundara has been arrested by the Criminal Investigation Department (CID), stated the Police Media Spokesperson.
The arrest has been made over an incident of assaulting a lift operator at the Police Headquarters in 2017.
UPDATE: Inspector-General of Police Pujith Jayasundara, who was arrested earlier today (01), has been released on bail by the Fort Magistrate’s Court .
The IGP was granted bail under the bail condition of a surety bail of Rs 200,000.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023