IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts
The Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Kristalina Georgieva, has held a meeting with Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremesinghe to discuss vital economic matters.
During the meeting, Ms. Georgieva and President Wickremesinghe delved into the ongoing financial sector reforms and the substantial progress made in debt restructuring initiatives.
The IMF Managing Director commended the Sri Lankan government for its effective measures in curbing inflation and nurturing a conducive environment for business growth, as well as the flourishing tourism industry, the President’s Media Division reported.
She expressed her satisfaction with the government’s commitment to enhancing the overall economic landscape.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka issues its first digitized national birth certificate December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Defence Ministry refutes reports of ‘lavish spending’ for entertaining military heads December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023