IMF: Sri Lanka can discuss proposals from private creditors including GDP-linked bonds
Sri Lanka’s authorities can negotiate any proposals private creditors make, such as issuing GDP-linked bonds, a senior International Monetary Fund (IMF) official said on Friday.
Krishna Srinivasan, Director of the IMF’s Asia and Pacific Department, made the comment at a news conference, when asked by a reporter whether issuing GDP-linked bonds was an idea the IMF would allow.
“We don’t get involved in debt restructuring efforts between creditors and debtors,” he said.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka issues its first digitized national birth certificate December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Defence Ministry refutes reports of ‘lavish spending’ for entertaining military heads December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023