Import levy on potatoes and maize increased
Posted in Local News
The import levy on one kilogram of Potatoes has been increased by 30 rupees, while the import levy on one kilogram of maize has been increased by 20 rupees.
Minister of Agriculture P Harrison said the hike in import levies were imposed with effect from February 1.
Accordingly, the total import levy imposed on a kilogram of potatoes is 50 rupees, while that of a kilogram of maize is 20 rupees.
The levy on imported potatoes has been increased with the intention of safeguarding local farmers as potato crops from Jaffna and other districts will enter the market soon.
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023