Import of milk powder to be limited: Minister
Posted in Local News
Action would be taken to look into the possibility of curtailing the importation of milk powder into the country, Health and Indigenous Medicine, Minister Pavithra Wanniarachchi said.
She said this while responding to a query raised by Matara District Parliamentarian Buddhika Pathirana yesterday in Parliament.
The Minister said that a program should be implemented to increase the consumption of fresh milk among the people and discussions are being held with the stakeholders in this regard.
She said that the Ministry would encourage the consumption of fresh milk among the people to ensure a healthier life.
(Source: Daily Mirror)
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
Dear Lady Minister ,
You will no doubt win plaudits and a standing ovation from the Elite Sri Lanka Medical Association , but please expect lot of criticism and even hulling brickbats from the highly provoked ‘milkless ‘ mothers and busy housewives. With their hands busy in their daily chores a normal housewife in the mid income group will definitely protest and even organise protest march against you.