Import tax imposed on Big Onions from today
Posted in Local News
The government has decided to impose an import tax of Rs. 40 on Big Onions with effect from today (07), Minister of Agriculture Mahindananda Aluthgamage stated.
Minister Aluthgamage mentioned this during the press conference held to inform Cabinet decisions.
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
A cabinet minister talking taxing big onions. Honestly are these are the things a cabinet minister has t deal with.