Indian Naval Ship “Chetlat” arrives at the Port of Trincomalee
The Indian Naval Ship “Chetlat” arrived at the Port of Trincomalee on 18th July 2012. Ship’s Commanding Officer, Lieutenant Commander Nitin Gupta, accompanied by Indian Defence Adviser to Sri Lanka Captain Sumeet Kapoor, paid a courtesy call on the Commander Eastern Naval Area Rear Admiral Jayanath Colombage. They held cordial discussions and exchange mementos as a gesture of goodwill.
“Chetlat” is a fast attack craft belonging to the Indian Navy. It is 48.1 meters in length and has a displacement of 288 tons. The visiting Indian naval ship will stay in Sri Lanka until 20th July. Under SLN facilitation, the crew is scheduled to visit historical and important places in the Trincomlee area.
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka hasn’t lived up to even 1% of expectations in IPL – Virender Sehwag May 26, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 26, 2023