Inter-Parliamentary Union seeks Presidential Pardon for Ranjan Ramanayake
The Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) has urged Sri Lanka President Gotabaya Rajapaksa to grant a Presidential Pardon to convicted former MP Ranjan Ramanayake.
The Governing Council of the IPU has submitted a letter to the President containing nine proposals in connection with the imprisonment of the actor-turned politician.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President expresses dissatisfaction with country’s current education system September 26, 2023
- Chinese model breaks U.S. hegemony: former Sri Lankan diplomat September 26, 2023
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023