Is Sri Lanka on track to Kosovo
Kosovo’s status is governed by U.N. Security Council Resolution 1244 which envisages only self-government for Kosovo, and acknowledges the “sovereignty and territorial integrity of the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia.” Kosovo’s status was ONLY INDEPENDENCE. That was the force with which the ‘independence’ of Kosovo was reached. It came on the backdrop of pathetic lies and engineered bloodshed. Today, Kosovo is a drug and prostitution haven and only the West is in control of Kosovo and no one else. The lies, the accusations, the players are virtually all the same as the case is being built up against Sri Lanka. The question is what is Sri Lanka and in particular its citizens going to do about landing Sri Lanka in the same hellhole that Kosovo has ended up? It is a good time for the leaders to realize that the current situation is nothing that they can sit idling and leave it for a handful to solve. The people must be appraised of the situation for in not doing so, the local paid agents are having a field day spreading lies leading towards the same catastrophe that befell Serbia/Kosovo.
Kosovo is obviously a unique case because there’s no other place in the world where the UN has been administering a territory pursuant to a Security Council resolution.
The Propaganda Lies
- Media was paid to project that Serbs were killing Muslims (Albanians)
- Media was paid to project Serbs as murderers and Muslims as innocent victims
- Media was paid to project that Serbs were killing and forcing Muslim Albanians out of their land
- Media was paid to project that Albanian Muslims were the overwhelming majority in Kosovo (If Serbia is a legal entity and Kosovo is not, Sri Lanka is a legal entity Eelam is not)
- Media together with the West chanted that they tried to win peace, they tried to bring peace, they tried to persuade Milosevic against brutalizing the Albanians but because it did not work they chose ‘independence’. We see how the same chants are taking place against Sri Lanka.
- The buzz line used by the US, the EU, the UN, the paid media, paid propagandists was – NEED TO PROTECT MINORITIES (claiming commitment to multi-ethnic, multi-religious and multi-that….the solution was to divide a nation on ethnic lines… GOSL wake up)
- If Kosovo is an example of an ethnic minority grabbing a piece of territory and permitting unrestricted immigration from neighboring states while ethnically cleansing the territory of all other groups and creating an artificial overwhelming ethnic majority to demand an independent state – Sri Lanka’s case appears identical. Tamil terrorists chased out Sinhalese and Muslim from North Sri Lanka to establish an ‘ethnic majority’ status and unrestricted immigration from Tamil Nadu is nothing that India can be happy with for the outcome is a pan-Western state out of both Tamil Nadu and Sri Lanka’s North. Kosovo Albanians have done what Sri Lankan Tamils are aspiring to do to Sri Lanka assisted by the same Western nations and players.
- Kosovo has hardly a case for independence. Those who live in Kosovo are either Serbs or Albanians. They speak Serbian or Albanian. The Albanians already have a state – Albania. Why should there be 2 states for Albanians. Global Tamils are 76million. 72million of them live in Tamil Nadu (a State in India defined as State for Tamils – where Tamils are the majority, Tamil is the official language and from where Tamils came to Sri Lanka)
- Hypocrisy of West. It grants independence to Kosovo while refusing to recognize Transnistria which declared itself independent from Moldova in 1990 after a referendum with 97.2% voting for independence. US, EU however recognized Montenegro’s independence referendum which hardly had a majority and Montenegrins in Serbia were denied right to vote. US, EU, NATO also opposed independence of South Ossetians from Georgia in 1990 though it has its own language. US, EU and NATO also opposed independence of Nagorno-Karabakh
The most important question is why does US, EU, NATO wish to give Kosovo independence while denying others. The answer is simple.
Kosovo is for the West a hub, it has placed a gigantic military base, Kosovo is a deterrent in case Turkey or Greece proves unreliable. Albanians would simply be cannon fodder for future imperial wars.
[Replace Serbs with Sinhalese Buddhists and replace Albanians with Tamils and now Muslims to get a picture of what’s in store for Sri Lanka – Tamils need to then wonder what Albanians actually got]
Some truths people do not know
- The International Tribunal discovered just over 2000 dead bodies – Mass graves was what Milosevic was accused of. Genocide is what Serbia was declared guilty of. Does this not show close parallels to the accusations of dead against Sri Lanka? There were no mass dead but there were over 5000 killed by NATO.
- For 3 month’s NATO bombed Serbia and destroyed its infrastructure – buildings, bridges, electricity installations, factories & ‘accidentally’ bombing the Chinese embassy and killing 3 Chinese (US paid $28m in compensation under strong Chinese pressure). NATO used cluster bombs, depleted uranium and cruise missiles for 11 weeks. 372 public industrial facilities NATO destroyed. The NATO bombings also included : bombing Radio Television Serbia killing 16 media workers, cluster bombing of Nis market shredding humans into meat, deliberate targeting of a civilian passenger train, using depleted uranium munitions and targeting petrochemical plants, causing toxic chemical waste to pour into Danube River even bombing Albanian refugees because they were not a number the West wanted to look after.
- 250,000 Serbs were forcibly driven out of Kosovo as Albanians represented by KLA accompanies by US Special forces killed and chased out the Serbs while NATO remained in barracks (March 2004)
- The bombing came with a threat to Serbia – sign the Rambouillet accord or continue to face bombing. The Accord gave provision to US and NATO forces “free and unrestricted passage and unimpeded access throughout” all of Yugoslavia, not just Kosovo. Watch out for Ahtisaari suggesting a similar Accord for Sri Lanka as compromise for Sri Lankan leaders not to be taken for war crimes.
- Rambouillet Accord gave immunity to invading forces. They were immune from ‘arrest, investigation, detention’ by Yugoslav authorities. They were allowed to occupy and use ‘airports, roads, rails, ports without payment’. All telecommunications and communications were to also be granted to the West. Who took over Madeline Albrights firm The Albright Capital Management Group of which she was head. Kosovo economy was to also function according to free market principles. Milosevic was threatened to sign off Serbia’s sovereign rights. His death has silenced the world from discovering the truth. Will Sri Lanka’s public officials be alert enough to the clauses like to accompany the Pillai investigation obviously on the instructions of Western imperialists?
- The US, NATO, European allies became the knights in shining armour given approval to KILL and murder Serbs so that Serbs would not kill Muslim Albanians (what logic)
- Martti Ahtisaari the UN special envoy to Kosovo had been paid 40million Euros by the Albanian Mafia to deliver Kosovo independence. German Intelligence has proof but UN never investigated because other skeletons would come out of the dirty closet.
- The US built a gigantic military base using engineering skills of Halliburton subsidiary, Brown & Root Services Corp, Camp Bondsteel, covering some 955 acres or 360,000 square meters. The camp also includes a prison. U.S. Army base Camp Bondsteel has been implicated by the Council of Europe as a secret detention and torture facility.
- The Kosovo Verification Mission led by William Walker, U.S. ambassador to El Salvador during the 1980s is alleged to have colluded with the Kosovo Liberation Army (KLA) – the biggest lie was the Racak massacre of January 1999 used as an excuse for NATO to bomb Serbia. Clinton allowed Serbia to be bombed by NATO for 78 days in a row.
- The Kosovo Liberation Army was trained and armed by the West. Canadian Ambassador to Yugoslavia James Bisset implicated the CIA, along with the British Special Air Service, Germany’s secret service-the BND-began recruiting Albanian Kosovars in 1996 – the KLA massacres led to Serbian response and gave NATO the chance to intervene and bomb Serbia on March 24, 1999 unauthorized by the UN Security Council. An imaginary genocide was created. Just as the same set of people are creating an imaginary genocide of 40,000 to 125,000 Tamils none of whom they can even name as being killed or even born.
- The mass graves in Kosovo eventually numbered 2,788 bodies though media hyped about a genocide. Most of the corpses were Roma or Serbs killed by KLA forces. The same is happening to Sri Lanka. It is just as well we are able to see the parallels.
- Martti Ahtisaari’s proposal for Kosovo Independence as UN special envoy of UNSG was delivered after accepting a 40million euro bribe by the Albanian mafia (German intelligence report reveals full details of financial transaction with bank accounts) – Ahtisaari is now appointed as ‘EXPERT’ by Navi Pillai to probe Sri Lanka.
- The most important take from Kosovo independence was that THERE WAS NO PLAN TO PERMIT ALBANIANS TO CONTROL AND RUN KOSOVO (Sri Lankan Tamils, please note this). What the West & UN did was to appoint an International Civilian Representative (ICR) a position passed amongst imperialists only.
- Additionally, the EU established a European Security and Defense Policy (ESDP) Mission. This mission was to help establish – sustainability, accountability, independent judiciary, independent police, independent customs service (remember Kosovo is the drug hub), independence from political interference, rule of law (Navi Pillai has been chorusing these for some time on Sri Lanka)
- The European Security and Defence Policy Mission was given authority to cover war crimes, terrorism, organized crime, corruption, inter-ethnic crimes, financial/economic crimes were ‘properly prosecuted’ (in other words, only EU, US, NATO and their co-partners could commit crimes any others would face ‘rule of law’)
- NATO established the International Military Presence in Kosovo tasked to train Kosovo Security Force
- INDEPENDENT KOSOVO has no say in taxation, on foreign policy, security policy, on customs, on law enforcement – What Kosovo got was only the word ‘INDEPENDENT’ of Serbia. (THE SRI LANKAN TAMILS MUST READ AND BEAWARE OF WHAT HAPPENED TO KOSOVO NOT TO BE PARTY TO THE SAME HAPPENING TO SRI LANKA – Sri Lankan Tamils must now begin to ask themselves if they too want only the word ‘independent’ of Sri Lanka while foreign nations and their collaborators run a divided Sri Lanka?) Lets be clear that the locals supporting this endeavor must be promised places within this new arrangement. As people who have no affinity to country, culture, its history or heritage – money talks and money pulls them on board.
- Post-Kosovo Independence rule of law (under EU,US, UN, NATO presence and administration) has been plagued with : enforced disappearances, inter-ethnic crime, complaints by relatives of missing and ‘disappeared’ that they have been interviewed too many times by the ‘international police’ with no progress made, trial proceedings conducted in a language not understood by accused or their counsel, no translations only summaries, trials in absentia, use of anonymous witnesses (Refer Amnesty International report). All these things the West demanded of Serbia not to do the West ends up committing in independent Kosovo.
- Kosovo provides a “free market” for 70 percent of Europe’s heroin in addition to human trafficking services, and murder of non-ethnic Albanians remains common
Quotes to watch out for being repeated on Sri Lanka
Richard Holbrooke as saying “The recognition of an independent Kosovo and eventual membership in the European Union would be the best way to bring permanent peace and stability to the Balkans.’
In June 2005, Annan appointed Norway’s ambassador to NATO, Kai Aide, to determine if Kosovo has made progress in meeting Western standards on democracy and minority rights to merit a decision on its final status. It was just a sham.
Annan appointed former Finnish President Marti Ahtisaari as his special envoy to lead the negotiations on Kosovo’s final status. Ahtisaari was hardly credible. Chairman of International Crisis Group and Board of Soros Foundation, ICG has been pushing for Kosovo independence (ICG has similar chants on Sri Lanka). On ICG’s boards sits Wesley Clark, Zbigniew Brzezinski, Joschka Fischer, Morton Abramowitz and Samantha Power.
There are more questions we need to start thinking about.
Why didn’t Russia come to Milosevic’s aid?
Why didn’t Russia and China come to Libya’s aid?
Sri Lanka cannot PRESUME China will come to Sri Lanka’s aid unless China’s stake in Sri Lanka is important enough to protect. It is the same logic that is reason why Russia has kept West controlled in Syria.
Countries do not come to Sri Lanka’s aid because they like our leaders, enjoy our hospitality or think Sri Lanka is a lovely country. Countries have interests and securing those interests are what they are concerned about. Our fault has been in not aligning ourselves with proper power blocs. We cannot be a friend to two enemies at the same time. The enemies will eventually gang up against us. We are riding too much on luck.
Our leaders need to realize that there are enemies within giving dangerous advice.
Tamils need to realize that the entire ‘Tamil’ minority concern is just a camouflage to be used to ‘intervene’ in Sri Lanka. Do they wish to play a part is what they now need to ask themselves out loud.
Tamil politicians will jump to play apart because they see only personal benefits and care not for Tamils or the future of Sri Lanka and the same can be said of the other politicians as well too.
As Sri Lankans we must together rise to protect our nation.
– by Shenali D Waduge
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023