Island-wide travel restriction from 11 pm to 4 am daily
An island-wide travel restriction will be imposed daily between 11.00 pm and 04.00 am until 31st of May, 2021, Army Commander General Shavendra Silva stated.
The restriction, similar to an islandwide curfew, will prohibit people from leaving their homes and only those involved in essential services will be allowed to be on the roads. This includes food trucks transporting essential items and health workers.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023