Japan says no pact yet with Sri Lanka on debt restructure talks
Japan has not yet reached an agreement with crisis-hit Sri Lanka to co-chair a summit on negotiations with creditor nations, a government official with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters, brushing aside a statement from Colombo on Thursday.
Japan is ready to fully support the Indian Ocean island nation in its credit restructuring, the official said on condition of anonymity, as the issue is a sensitive one.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka aims to streamline tax structure, boost collections October 4, 2023
- Tharushi Karunarathna wins Gold at Asian Games in China October 4, 2023
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023