Professor Ranjith Bandara elected new COPE chairman
Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna (SLPP) MP Professor Ranjith Bandara has been elected as the new chairman of the Committee on Public Enterprises (COPE) today (October 06).
A total of 14 members of the committee had voted in favour of Prof. Ranjith Bandara while seven others voted for Samagi Jana Balawegaya (SJB) MP Eran Wickramaratne.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023