No-confidence motion against PM handed over to Speaker
Posted in Local News
The Joint Opposition (JO) handed over the no confidence motion against Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe to the Speaker a short while ago.
The motion has reportedly been signed by a total of 55 MPs including 51 from the Joint Opposition and 4 MPs from the Sri Lanka Freedom Party (SLFP).
The SLFP members who have signed include T.B. Ekanayake, Nishantha Muthuhettigama, Susantha Punchinilame and Kader Masthan.
The motion was handed over by Dinesh Gunawardena in the presence of former President Mahinda Rajapaksa & JO party leaders.
However, former president Rajapaksa did not sign the motion against the Premier.
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
even if all the opposition signs it will have only 65 signatures as such it is a mission impossible