JO plans No-Faith against SF
Posted in Local News
Member of Parliament Prasanna Ranatunga said, that the Joint Opposition plans to file a No-Confidence Motion against Minister Field Marshal Sarath Fonseka.
The Parliamentarian said members of the Joint Opposition will hold a discussion in Parliament today (6) on whether a no-confidence motion should be brought or not.
He said that a number of accusations against Minister Fonseka, including making a totally different statement to that being made by the President, regarding war heroes, as a responsible Minister of the Government, will be subject to discussion.
Ranatunga revealed this at a media briefing held yesterday (05).
(Source: Ceylon Today – By Ishara Silva)
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
Field Marshall Sarath Fonseka is the true war hero.
The false war heroes who sat in air-conditioned offices in Colombo and earned komis buying MIG’s and military supplies are rearing their head again, when truth is threatening existence.
Yes, FM Sarath Fonseka is a true War hero. That said, now he is saying generals who were under his command committed war crimes and he is ready to testify against them. Why he didn’t court marshaled them at that time? Why he kept silent all these days? Why at this juncture? A true leader has to ‘bear the Cross’ isn’t it?
The Generals in the war arena were directly under the command of powerful persons sitting in air-conditioned offices in the City of Colombo, smacking their lips at the komis that was coming.
Had FM Fonny tried to pull those Generals into the Army line of command, FM Fonny would have been caught in the “cross fire” with a bullet in the wrong part of his body.