Joint Opposition yet to get response from Zeid
No response has been received in respect of the request made by the Joint Opposition to have a meeting with UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussein, Parliamentarian Dinesh Gunawardena says.
“We have requested for the meeting. However, no response has yet been received,” he added.
Earlier, former Foreign Affairs Minister and MP G.L. Peiris said that the Joint Opposition had requested for a meeting with the visiting UNHRC Chief.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023