JVP hands over no-confidence motion against government
The no-confidence motion (NCM) against the government was handed over to the Speaker by the Janatha Vimukthi Peramuna (JVP) a short while ago.
JVP leader Anura Kumara Dissanayake said yesterday that his party would hand over a NCM against the government owing to its failure to avert the Easter Sunday bombings despite prior warnings.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023