Keith Noyahr Incident: Mahinda summoned by the CID
Former President Mahinda Rajapakse has been summoned by the CID to be present at their office on August 17th in order to record a statement relating to the abduction and assaults made on Keith Noyahr journalist of the Nation newspaper.
The summons signed by the Senior DIG of the CID Ravi Senevirathne had been handed over at the official residence of the Former President Mahinda Rajapakse in Wijerama Mawatha Colombo 7 by the OIC of the Organized Crime Investigation Unit, Police Inspector Nishantha Silva on the 12th Sunday.
Already statements over this incident had been recorded by the CID from former Defense Secretary Gotabhaya Rajapakse and Speaker Karu Jayasuriya.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Nimanthi Ranasinghe)
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
This is un-adulterated political victimisation.
Mahinda Rajapaksa was ruling the country from Temple Trees in a dignified and statesmanlike manner.
His progeny were partying in the bunker in Janadhipthy Mandiraya or they were racing cars around Dalada Maligawa or riding Royal Family horses in Diyatalawa.
Anyone reckon MR and his clan had time to beat up this ineffective journalist?
Minister Rajitha senarathna have few ships and Ravi karunanayaka has a underworls team..what about them ?