Keith Noyahr Incident: Mahinda summoned by the CID
Former President Mahinda Rajapakse has been summoned by the CID to be present at their office on August 17th in order to record a statement relating to the abduction and assaults made on Keith Noyahr journalist of the Nation newspaper.
The summons signed by the Senior DIG of the CID Ravi Senevirathne had been handed over at the official residence of the Former President Mahinda Rajapakse in Wijerama Mawatha Colombo 7 by the OIC of the Organized Crime Investigation Unit, Police Inspector Nishantha Silva on the 12th Sunday.
Already statements over this incident had been recorded by the CID from former Defense Secretary Gotabhaya Rajapakse and Speaker Karu Jayasuriya.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Nimanthi Ranasinghe)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023