Knives in the House
Parliamentarian Indika Anurudhdha lodged a complaint, with the Parliament Police, that MPs Ranjan Ramanayake and Palitha Thewarapperuma carried knives, when violence erupted in the House yesterday (15) and had threatened saying, “I will kill you if you step forward”.
Minister Johnston Fernando commenting on the complaint said they suspect a conspiracy as why should MPs had entered Parliament with knives, when appointed Premier Mahinda Rajapaksa was present in the House.
He further said even photographs clearly showed that even when violence erupted in the House, these MPs had knives in their hands.
He said bringing weapons into the House poses a serious threat to the security of MPs.
He inquired as to how these weapons were brought into the House without being noticed.
(Source: Ceylon Today)
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
the question is whether they were plastic knives or ball points pens
Mr Perera is trying to paint his supporters lily white !! The country knows who the knife carrying thugs are !! Can you kill with plastic knives ???? Mr Perera be REAL !!!!!!
I think Derana website has a lots of photos if anybody wants to know what the hooligan in the MP skin was wielding and what it was made of.
All these is because of nominated street walkers…. The Election commission is responsible for this!!!!
IF WE HAVE TO APPLY FOR A JOB; THE EMPLOYER WOULD CALL FOR QUALIFIED PEOPLE WITH, Diploma, degrees, Phds etc. As well our Election Commissioner should set standards with nominees are called, without giving nominees to cricketers/actors etc… if they are qualified, then that’s good. How can we change this?????
Plastic knives and Ball Pens can cause no harm compared with the Medamulana Brand Water Bottles with Chilli Paste additive.
In fact, that product should be patented by the R Family.