Lakshman Yapa Acting Media Minister
President Mahinda Rajapaksa has appointed Economic Development Deputy Minister Lakshman Yapa Abeywardena as the Acting Minister of Mass Media and Information until Minister Keheliya Rambukwella returns from abroad.
The appointment has been made by the President in terms of the powers vested in him by Section 50 of the constitution of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka, said A V H Amarasekera, Co-ordinating Secretary to Deputy Minister Abeywardena.
Courtesy: Daily News
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023