Lanka IOC requests fuel price hike again
Lanka Indian Oil Company has requested permission from the government to increase fuel prices again. It has been reported that Lanka IOC had made this request due to the financial losses suffered by the company continuously.
Crude prices in the global market had risen recently and consequently Lanka IOC had stated that an increase in fuel prices was necessary. However the Petroleum Ministry had denied permission for the price hike.
Lanka IOC, IndianOil’s subsidiary in Sri Lanka, has now once again requested that the price of a diesel liter be increased by Rs.5 and a petrol liter increased by Rs.25.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023