Lankan ISI agent under NIA custody
CHENNAI: A special court on Wednesday granted six days custody of suspected ISI agent Arun Selvarajan to the National Investigation Agency (NIA). The judge, however, dismissed a petition by CBI to include it as a party in the investigation.
The judge said CBI should approach the CBI special court to seek custody of Selvarajan, as this court is exclusively for NIA cases. Selvarajan was produced before the judge on Wednesday and NIA officials whisked him away as soon as judge Moni ordered six days custody. NIA officials said they would be focusing on the kind of information the accused is believed to have passed on to his Pakistani handlers in Sri Lanka, Shaji and Siddiqui.
NIA had arrested Selvarajan from a hideout in Chennai on September 10. (Times of India)
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023