Lankan ISI agent under NIA custody
CHENNAI: A special court on Wednesday granted six days custody of suspected ISI agent Arun Selvarajan to the National Investigation Agency (NIA). The judge, however, dismissed a petition by CBI to include it as a party in the investigation.
The judge said CBI should approach the CBI special court to seek custody of Selvarajan, as this court is exclusively for NIA cases. Selvarajan was produced before the judge on Wednesday and NIA officials whisked him away as soon as judge Moni ordered six days custody. NIA officials said they would be focusing on the kind of information the accused is believed to have passed on to his Pakistani handlers in Sri Lanka, Shaji and Siddiqui.
NIA had arrested Selvarajan from a hideout in Chennai on September 10. (Times of India)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Defence Ministry refutes reports of ‘lavish spending’ for entertaining military heads December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023
- ‘We quit our stressful public sector jobs to earn £150 a month in Sri Lanka’ December 4, 2023