LASANTHA WICKREMATUNGA MURDER CASE TAKEN UP FOR 38TH TIME
December 04, 2010: Submitting a report yesterday, the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) told the Mount Lavinia court that the case pertaining to the assassination of veteran journalist Lasantha, a veteran journalist Lasantha Wickrematunga had been handed over to the Terrorist Investigation Division(TID).
Earlier, the investigation was carried out jointly by the CID and the TID.
The CID added that the investigations on the owner of a garage and an Army intellegence officer, who were arrested over the assassination, would be handed over to the TID as well.
Accordingly, magistrate Nirosha Fernando ordered the suspects be placed under remand custody until the 17th of this month.
She ordered the TID to submit a report on this day as well.
The case pertaining to the murder of Lasantha Wickremathunga, which took place on January 8, 2009, almost two years ago, was taken up yesterday for the 38th time.
Source: News First
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023