Leading schools should share resources with lesser schools
The Education Ministry has proposed that the leading schools in the country should adopt a mechanism to share their resources with the under-resourced schools of the country.
The idea was mooted when Education Minister Prof. G.L. Peiris met with the principals of 17 leading schools on Thursday.
The meeting was conducted to discuss curriculum reforms. The schools principals were asked to come up with proposals to adopt underprivileged schools.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Kelum Bandara)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka aims to streamline tax structure, boost collections October 4, 2023
- Tharushi Karunarathna wins Gold at Asian Games in China October 4, 2023
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023