Leak in the Minneriya Tank
According to Polonnaruwa District Secretary Nimal Abeysiri a leak has been reported from the Minneriya tank.
He says the leak could pose a risk to people in low lying areas and urged residents in surrounding areas to exercise caution.
Meanwhile, Deputy Director of the Disaster Management center, Pradeep Kodipilli says that steps have been taken to reinforce the bund of the tank using sand bags.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023