‘Learned will initiate an economic revolution’
Presidential Candidate of the New Democratic Front Minister Sajith Premadasa says he intends to utilize the expertise of learned persons in the state mechanism, to initiate an economic revolution.
Speaking during an event in Colombo, Minister Premadasa said his programmes will aim to achieve sustainable development and a society based on advanced human capital.
The Minister noted the support of professionals was essential to take the country’s stagnant economy forward adding the party aims to scale several economic hurdles.
Meanwhile Minister Patali Champika Ranawaka says under a future administration, massive investments will be made on new innovations.
Minister Ranawaka branded Sajith Premadasa as the innovator of the new era.
The Minister claimed during the next five years the government hoped to establish technical cities in Kandy, Kilinochchi and in Matara.
He stressed the era must be democratic and all communities and futures generations must feel that they belong to the country.
Minister Ranawaka added an era where intellectuals and professionals returning, instead of leaving the country will dawn under Sajith Premadasa’s leadership.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023