Legislation to establish Megapolis Authority soon
The new legislation for the formation of the WP Megapolis Authority, which will remove many obstacles for development, will be brought in soon. Till then we are moving forward and laying the foundations using the available legal frameworks of UDA and SLLRDC, since we can’t waste time, said Champika Ranawaka, Minister of Megapolis and Western Development.
There will be endless opportunities that may be available within the Megapolis and Western Development master plan for investors.
This government created this ministry to develop the whole western region which includes the western shore and sea, in a well distributed, integrated, meaningful and sustainable manner said the minister.
(Government News Portal)
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
When Rome was burning Nero played the violin.
Hon Champika is a ‘doer’ and and ‘achiever’.
His tenure as the Energy Minister left a rich legacy that flourishes even to this day.
Unfortunately, doers and achievers are usually ‘meat in the sandwich’ because of corrupt political leadership above them and corrupt bureaucracy below them.
Proposed legislation should exempt all Ministers of State being liable for crime either by commission or omission within the precincts of the defined Megapolis Area. Searching for excuses or resorting to destroy available evidence such as CCTV camera footage etc. will not be required then .
Hon .Minister Champika Ranawaka , Our leader of Hela Urumaya ,Protector of our cherished Heritage and Gentleman par excellence should be given unshackled freedom on his Mission of making the Megapolis a wonder in ‘Alice in wonderland ‘ type.