Legislation to establish Megapolis Authority soon
The new legislation for the formation of the WP Megapolis Authority, which will remove many obstacles for development, will be brought in soon. Till then we are moving forward and laying the foundations using the available legal frameworks of UDA and SLLRDC, since we can’t waste time, said Champika Ranawaka, Minister of Megapolis and Western Development.
There will be endless opportunities that may be available within the Megapolis and Western Development master plan for investors.
This government created this ministry to develop the whole western region which includes the western shore and sea, in a well distributed, integrated, meaningful and sustainable manner said the minister.
(Government News Portal)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Deshabandu Tennakoon appointed as Inspector General of Police (IGP) of Sri Lanka February 26, 2024
- United Petroleum enters Sri Lanka’s fuel market, secures supply contract February 26, 2024
- Sri Lankan opposition parties sign no-confidence motion against speaker February 26, 2024
- Public Health Inspector (PHI) shot dead in Elpitiya February 26, 2024
- Sri Lanka’s justice minister assures presidential election scheduled for 2024 February 26, 2024