Lightening damages a wall of Sigiriya Rock Fortress
The Sigiriya Rock Fortress was damaged Tuesday (23) afternoon when it was struck by lightening. A section of the wall near the Lion’s Paw in the Sigiriya Rock collapsed by the lightning strike and the damage is not severe said the Archaeological Department spokesman.
Sigiriya the first fortress city in Sri Lanka comes under the Cultural Triangle. It is also among UNESCO’s World Heritage Sites.
Source: Government News Portal
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Parliament approves VAT (amendment) Bill December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023