Lightening damages a wall of Sigiriya Rock Fortress
Posted in Local News
The Sigiriya Rock Fortress was damaged Tuesday (23) afternoon when it was struck by lightening. A section of the wall near the Lion’s Paw in the Sigiriya Rock collapsed by the lightning strike and the damage is not severe said the Archaeological Department spokesman.
Sigiriya the first fortress city in Sri Lanka comes under the Cultural Triangle. It is also among UNESCO’s World Heritage Sites.
Source: Government News Portal
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
This kind of building not forever strong enough to stay of course when that time come then going to destroying.
Everything in this material world is subjected to decay and perish including the great edifices like pyramids and even the Taj Mahal.They will last a little longer due to so many factors like absence of human vandalism and devastations by natural forces such as wind,sun, rain and forest cover.However our historical buildings are also in par with the other global exhibits.