Local milk powder prices increased
Posted in Local News
The price of locally manufactured milk powder in Sri Lanka will be increased from midnight tomorrow (October 05).
According to milk powder companies, this price hike is due to the introduction of the Social Security Contribution Tax and the high cost of ingredients.
Accordingly, the price of a 400g packet of full cream milk powder will be increased by Rs.100 (from Rs.850 to Rs.950).
Meanwhile, the price of a 1kg packet of full cream milk powder will be increased by Rs.230 (from Rs.2,120 to Rs.2,350).
Further, the price of a 400g packet of non-fat milk powder will be increased by Rs.210 (from Rs.840 to Rs.1,050).
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023