Local milk powder prices increased
The price of locally manufactured milk powder in Sri Lanka will be increased from midnight tomorrow (October 05).
According to milk powder companies, this price hike is due to the introduction of the Social Security Contribution Tax and the high cost of ingredients.
Accordingly, the price of a 400g packet of full cream milk powder will be increased by Rs.100 (from Rs.850 to Rs.950).
Meanwhile, the price of a 1kg packet of full cream milk powder will be increased by Rs.230 (from Rs.2,120 to Rs.2,350).
Further, the price of a 400g packet of non-fat milk powder will be increased by Rs.210 (from Rs.840 to Rs.1,050).
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023