Local milk powder prices to be increased
The Consumer Affairs Authority (CAA) has approved an increase in the prices of local milk powder, matching it with the prices of imported ones.
Approval was granted following a request by local milk powder manufacturers via the Ministry of Finance.
Accordingly the Authority in a letter to local milk powder manufacturers stated that price revisions will come into effect from the 28th of March.
Following the price hike, the price of 1kg of local milk powder packet now stands at Rs. 945.00. This is an increase of Rs. 85.00, according to a spokesperson of the CAA.
In the meantime, the price of 400g of local milk powder packet has gone up from Rs. 345.00 to Rs. 380.00.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023