Lorry-lorry collision: Child among six killed
Six people, including a child, died in an accident involving two lorries at Wariyapola town in the Kurunegala district yesterday afternoon, Police said.
A small lorry collided with a bigger lorry transporting asbestos in front of the Wariyapola police station. The small lorry was heavily damaged in the accident.
The injured had been rushed to the Wariyapola hospital. Three had died on the spot and the other three succumbed to their injuries after being admitted, hospital sources said.
The dead included three women, one female child and two males believed to be from the same family from the Maspotha area.
Both the driver and assistant of the bigger lorry had escaped unhurt. The Police have taken into custody the driver of the lorry.
Courtesy: Daily News / Pix by DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023