LTTE stamps in Norway
Steps will be taken to prevent the circulation of LTTE propaganda stamps in Norway, Spokesperson for the Ministry of External Affairs told Ceylon Today.
“We have come across similar situations in Canada, London and France where personalized LTTE stamps were issued by mail services,” he said.
“In those cases we were able to convince the authorities that these were all propaganda stamps that glorified people who have taken up arms and committed terrorism in Sri Lanka,” he added.
In previous cases, relevant authorities cancelled or restricted the issuance of stamps whilst taking note of the concerns of the Sri Lankan Government and have hence taken action to cancel all the stamps.
Stamps featuring Velupillai Prabhakaran, the Tamil Eelam flag and symbols of the LTTE were released in front of the Norwegian Parliament on Saturday by Jeyasri Balasubramaniam, a representative of the Eelam Tamils in Norway.
Courtesy: Ceylon Today
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023