Magistrate refuses to issue stay order on disabled soldiers protest
Colombo Fort Magistrate Lanka Jayaratne today refused to issue a stay order request by the Police prohibiting the protest march organized by the disabled soldiers opposite the Presidential Secretariat.
The Judge informed the police to take necessary action if the protestors disturbed the public.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023