Mahanama & Dissanayake issued prison sentences
Former President Maithripala Sirisena’s chief of staff I.H.K. Mahanama and State Timber Corporation (STC) former chairman P. Dissanayaka, were sentenced to 20 and 12 rigorous imprisonment respectively after they were found guilty of accepting a bribe of Rs.20 million by the Special High Court today.
The orders were issued by a three member bench comprising judges Sampath Abeykoon, Sampath Wijeratne and Champa Janaki Rajaratne today.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023