Four-member committee to study MCC deal
The Cabinet of Ministers has granted approval to appoint a four-member committee study the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) agreement.
According to the cabinet paper presented by the Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa the Committee is to conduct a comprehensive study on the agreement and make necessary recommendations to the government.
The decision of the previous government on the matter has been decided to be suspended until the Committee reaches its conclusions.The Committee, to be chaired by Professor Lalithasiri Gunarunwan, will comprise of former Secretary of Transport Ministry D. S. Jayaweera, President’s Counsel Nihal Jayawardena and Civil Activist Nalaka Jayaweera.
(Government News Portal)
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
- Bruno Divakara arrested May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023