Swiss Embassy staffer taken to National Mental Health Institution
Swiss Embassy local staffer, Garnier Banister Francis, who is in the remand custody, was taken to the National Institute of Mental Health, Angoda this morning.
Francis has been named a suspect for a case of exciting disaffection against the Government and fabricating false evidence to be used in a future judicial proceeding.
She was remanded on December 16 for providing fabricated statements to the CID.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Official Creditor Committee confirms debt treatment deal with Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023