Mahendran changes name to Arjan Alexander
Former Central Bank Governor Arjuna Mahendran, who is a prime suspect in the infamous Central Bank Treasury Bonds scam, has changed his name to Arjan Alexander, the INTERPOL has informed its office located at the Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
The INTERPOL has also informed its office in Sri Lanka to change Mahendran’s name in the Red Notice issued by the INTERPOL for his arrest, to Arjan Alexander, the name that Mahendran is currently using.
Accordingly, the INTERPOL office in Sri Lanka has included the name Arjan Alexander into the Red Notice in question, and subsequently the amended red notice has been sent to the INTERPOL.
There is a question as to whether Mahendran, who is said to be residing in Singapore after fleeing Sri Lanka, is engaged in illegal activities under his new name. There is also a suspicion that he is contemplating on fleeing Singapore under this name.
(Source: Ceylon Today)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Department of Examinations announced dates of Scholarship Exam, O/L, A/L March 1, 2024
- Central Bank officials summoned to party leaders’ meeting over salary hike March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka halts free visas for long-staying Russian, Ukrainian nationals March 1, 2024
- UNFPA to assist Sri Lanka in modernizing statistical system for transition to digital economy March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka to introduce National Cyber Security Act, establish Cyber Security Authority March 1, 2024