Mahinda Samarasinghe’s SLFP party membership cancelled
Posted in Local News
Sri Lanka Freedom Party (SLFP) has canceled the party membership of former Minister Mahinda Samarasinghe.
General Secretary of SLFP Dayasiri Jayasekara stated that the cancellation will be in effect from yesterday (19).
Further, Samarasinghe has been removed from the District Organizer post in Kalutara District as well.
Steps have been taken to deliver the letter pertaining to the cancellation of party membership and removal from the organizer position to Samarasinghe today (20), said Jayasekara.
(Source: Ada Derana)
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka hasn’t lived up to even 1% of expectations in IPL – Virender Sehwag May 26, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 26, 2023