Maiden apple harvest produced in Sri Lanka presented to President
The maiden harvest of a green apple plantation in Sri Lanka was presented to President Ranil Wickremesinghe this morning (October 20) at the Presidential Secretariat.
Farmer M.P. Lakshman Kumara has cultivated green apples on two acres of land in Thambuttegama, Galgamuwa, the President’s Media Division (PMD) said in a statement.
The President has inquired about his apple farm and said that he intends to visit the farm in the near future.
Mr Laxman Kumara told the president that the apple seeds were imported to Sri Lanka and following proper testing, he had initiated the apple cultivation.
He also told the President that it is possible to produce and provide the seeds needed to popularise this cultivation and that these seeds have been produced in a manner that they can be cultivated in any part of Sri Lanka.
Having accepted the green apples presented to him, the President also made it a point to taste the locally produced green apples.
Senior Presidential Adviser on National Security and Chief of Presidential Staff Sagala Ratnayake, former Minister of State Champika Premadasa and P.J. Asanka Lionel were present on this occasion.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
This is a good development! Some say this is not Granny Smith but local fruit called ”Massan”!
The president visiting a cultivated green apples on two acres of land ? Doesn’t he got anything better to do rather than this sully things like fondling children. His body language and his voice told how uncomfortable when he was talking to these children. It was a fake put up job just make political capital.