Maithri sends letter of demand to ITN
Posted in Local News
Common Opposition candidate Maithripala Sirisena has sent a letter of demand of Rs. 1000 million to the Independent Television Network, its Board of directors and Deputy General Manager of News Sudharman Radaliyagoda for allegedly causing damage to the election campaign and reputation of Mr. Sirisena.
In a statement said, that a news item causing insult to Maithripala Sirisena was aired on the Sinhala news bulletin of ITN at 7 p.m. on December 30 and 31.
The statement also stated that the 16 persons to whom the letter of demand has been addressed to should pay LKR 1000 million collectively or separately within 14 days.
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
This 1000million SL Rupees is approximately US $7m. The claimant is living in fairyland.
The claimant is contesting for a job which pays approximately SL Rs500,000 per annum.
If he fails to win the job beacuse of the so-called slander and due to other reasons such as his stupidity, lack of local appeal, dishonesty, deplorable past perfrmance etc, the question will what was the slander’s contribution to his failure?
Considering the list of factors that contribute to his loss, the slander factor’s contribution will be less than 5%, ie Rs25,000 per annum.
Assuming he can be in the job for 8 years, his loss will be SL Rs200,000. In terms of present value, the loss is approximately SL Rs 120,000.
Wonder where the Rs1,000,000million came from?
I never thought of Rajapakse regime would be such a low level to attack in this manner publishing false mudslinging.
Rajapakse outfit labels this robbery of people’s votes as an election.
Today in Homagama meeting Rajapske advise young politicians not to leap (change the party) but in the same day in another meeting he wows that he has still 136 members of parliament and even he can get more.
So he is a Hippocratic traitor.